Bobby Burger is a one-of-a-kind burger that my family devours. The flavors that come together in this burger are out of this world. I cooked this beauty on The Sportsman Channel and have gotten many requests to post the recipe.
We named this burger Bobby Burger because my husband’s Uncle Bobby always makes this for us when we visit. It may be the only thing he knows how to make. If it is the only recipe he knows, it’s a good one!!
Of course you can use lean beef for this recipe but venison is my choice for this burger. It doesn’t have a lot of fat so the meat doesn’t shrink. It stays the same size that you cut it. It’s almost like a Sloppy Joe, but better.
The brown sugar balances the sourness of the vinegar and saltiness of the soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Another benefit to the brown sugar is it helps caramelize the meat.
I like to pile my sandwich high with meat and eat it with a fork. Don’t forget the mustard — it’ll remind you of the county fair! I just love the fair; Well, mostly the food at the fair! I get to have it once a year and I’m not about to miss it.
Check out my other favorite venison burger recipe at HERE.
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds venison hindquarter diced into small cubes, any cut will work for this recipe
- 1 large onion finely diced
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 Cup chicken stock
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 6 Hamburger buns
- Dill pickles
- mustard for serving
In a cast iron skillet over high heat, add the olive oil. When the oil is shimmering, add the diced venison and stir until all the meat is browned.
- Add onion, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, stock, brown sugar, salt, and pepper to the meat. Stir mixture until incorporated and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a medium-low and allow to cook until all the liquid has evaporated.
- Using a slotted spoon, place a mound of meat on top of the bottom hamburger bun. Add sliced dill pickles and mustard. Place the top of the bun on the burger. Get out your napkins and dig in!