Buffalo cauliflower roasted with a pancake-like batter is the perfect fix for a light snack or meal! With a kick of cayenne, garlic powder, hot sauce, and creamy comeback sauce, it’s a delicious side dish that is super quick and easy to make.
Make Veggies a Hit at Your Dinner Table
This recipe is a wonderful way to make your vegetables super tasty and put a twist on the regular weekday menu. I love to toss all sorts of vegetables into buffalo sauce because it adds a little extra flavor to shake things up.
I’ve found that cauliflower is my favorite choice for this recipe, though, because it has such a mild flavor and rubbery texture. The cauliflower really holds up well to the coating and the intensity of the buffalo sauce.
This is a perfect alternative to buffalo chicken wings if your diet doesn’t permit it or if you’re just not feeling the meat. Not to mention, it’s so easy to make.
How to Make Buffalo Cauliflower, Step by Step
Just follow these instructions and pictures, and you’ll have delicious buffalo cauliflower in no time.
Before you start cooking, preheat the oven to 450°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
That’s it! You’ll know the dish is done when the cauliflower has a golden color to it and your house smells like buffalo chicken.
Is Cauliflower Healthy?
Cauliflower is super low in starch and carbohydrates but high in fiber and packed full of vitamins. With only 145 calories, a head of cauliflower is a guilt-free food. It also has a very high water content, which will help keep you hydrated, prevent you from overeating, and aid in weight loss.
This recipe does include a flour batter, but keep in mind that a good bit of it will end up on the baking sheet instead of the cauliflower.
What to Serve with Buffalo Cauliflower
Cauliflower is a perfect side dish for any meal or occasion, but it’s even more perfect when you coat it in a spicy batter and toss it in buffalo sauce!! I love the comeback sauce as a drizzle over the buffalo cauliflower!!
How to Make Buffalo Cauliflower
For the Cauliflower
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 head cauliflower
For the Buffalo Sauce
- ¼ cup hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 serving comeback sauce – see link to recipe in Notes below
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the florets in half, then cut the halves in half to make fourths. Now cutting diagonally, cut the core out and begin breaking the florets off each other. It’s that easy!
- In a large bowl toss together the flour, paprika, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and milk, and stir until well combined.
- Pour the cauliflower onto the prepared cookie sheet evenly, making sure eat piece is coated with batter. Place in a 450 degree oven for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Meanwhile, prepare the buffalo sauce. In a medium bowl, mix the hot sauce, oil, and honey until combined.
- When the cauliflower is tender, remove from the oven and coat with the buffalo sauce. Place back into the oven for 20 more minutes. You'll know they are done when the cauliflower has a golden color to it and the house smells of buffalo chicken. Serve with comeback sauce – see link in Notes below.