World’s Best Potato Salad
This is the potato salad my granny used to make to go as a side with her famous vegetable soup. I have tweaked this recipe several times but always end up reverting back to her original potato salad. It really cannot be improved.
Homemade mayonnaise always beats store bought mayonnaise. I have a recipe for homemade mayonnaise in my Tracking the Outdoors In cookbook (p. 67), but if you don’t have time, Hellman’s is a great mayonnaise to use instead.
Check out more great recipes at Meal Plan Monday!
World's Best Potato Salad
- 8 small new potatoes
- 2 boiled eggs
- 1 1/2 vidalia onions minced
- 1/2 cup dill pickles
- 4 celery stalks minced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tblsp dijon mustard
- 1 tblsp kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Cut the new potatoes into four pieces, roughly 1.5 inches each. There's no need to remove the skins. Place potatoes in a medium-sized saucepan and boil until they're soft enough that a knife will easily slice through them.
- Meanwhile, in a medium-sized bowl add the onions, pickles, mayonnaise, mustard, celery, salt, and pepper.
- Drain potatoes until they appear dried and place them in a bowl with the mayonnaise mixture.
- Add chopped boiled eggs onto the potatoes. Mix gently (I use my hands) so as not to crush the potatoes. Garnish with parsley and serve hot or cold.