These Venison Burger Sliders are the perfect fun party food, great for any occasion. As I write this, the Super Bowl is coming up, coinciding with the end of deer season. These Game Day sliders might be the perfect way to use up all that new venison sitting in your freezer!
Venison Burger Sliders
- 2 pounds ground venison mixed with 10% ground beef
- 1 onion minced
- 5 tablespoons good olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced (3 cloves)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 ounces cheese use your favorite!
- 2 long French baguettes
- 4 red tomatoes sliced
- Baby arugula
- Homemade mayonnaise
- Good ketchup for serving
- Prepare a grill or griddle to medium high heat.
- Put 90% ground venison and 10% ground beef in a bowl and mix.
- Add minced onion, garlic, oil, mustard, thyme, salt, and pepper into the ground meat. Mix gently. Divide mixture in half and then divide each half into 12 patties.
- Place burgers on grill and cook 6 minutes per side without moving them too often. Place cheese on the burgers and close lid if cooking on a grill or cover with a bowl if on the griddle to melt the cheese. Remove burgers to large plate or platter. Let rest.
- Cut baguettes into 24 1-inch slices and toast on grill.
- Place each burger on top of toasted baguette slices with a slice of tomato and arugula. Cover with other slice. Serve with homemade mayonnaise and good ketchup.