Sausage Balls with Cheddar and Parmesan
Sausage Balls with Cheddar and Parmesan, along with the rosemary and mild heat from the sausage, make the perfect combination of ingredients for moist, flavorful appetizers or breakfast entrees.
Sausage cheese balls make their appearance at the breakfast table and at most holidays and parties in the South!! They are festive, can be served with a variety of sauces, and are loved by all.
The larger you make the balls, the moister they will stay during baking, but I like them small so you can just pop them in your mouth…and my lipstick stays on! I serve mine with a mixture of Red Pepper Jelly and mustard in equal parts. You cannot believe how good that can be. If you don’t have any homemade pepper jelly, it’s easy to make, or you can get some prepared pepper jelly from the store.
Tips for the Best Pork Sausage Balls
- Prepare the sausage mixture a day ahead and keep in the refrigerator for the best flavor.
- Make sausage balls a little larger for breakfast and serve with mustard on biscuits.
- Freeze the leftover sausage balls and re-heat in a 250°F. oven when ready to use.
- Add a little hot sauce to the sausage before cooking if you are serving with a sweet-and-sour sauce.
- Mix up the cheeses with Swiss and Gruyere to take it up a notch!
You can serve these sausage cheese balls with various dips at parties. People love them! If you have any wild boar on hand, this recipe works brilliantly.
Sausage Cheese Balls
- 2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 3 cups Original Bisquick mix
- 3 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves crushed
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease bottom of half sheet pan.
- In large bowl, add all ingredients and mix well.
- Shape mixture into 1-inch balls and place in pan.
- Bake 20 minutes, or until brown. Remove sausage balls from the pan. Serve with sauce of choice.