Eggnog Cheesecake – No Fail Recipe!
Eggnog Cheesecake is creamy, smooth, and tastes like Christmas. This recipe is a no-fail recipe. Cheesecake is one of my very favorite desserts. There are a million and one flavors you can create with a cheesecake recipe.
I don’t know why in the world I didn’t think to make eggnog cheesecake before this year, but I am so happy I decided to. The flavors of nutmeg and cinnamon, along with the eggnog icing rosettes powdered with sugar delights my soul.
I made this recipe several times before making it just right – not too much nutmeg, not too many or too little eggs, and on I could go.
To made any cheesecake, you will want to make sure all the ingredients are room temperature to ensure the cheesecake bakes evenly. The cream cheese and butter will also cream a lot better if it isn’t cold. It will get nice and fluffy and the dry ingredients will incorporate much more easily.
I wondered if it really would make a huge difference if the batter were to be over-mixed. Believe it or not, it did! All the baking tips you hear from bakers really do make a huge difference in the final product of your masterpiece. When I over-mixed the batter, my cake rose and fell in the oven leaving cracks. When I only incorporated the ingredients, I had no cracks and a lighter final cheesecake.
The candied pecans take a few more minutes to make, but I’m a believer in having a little crunch somewhere in the desserts. I love them as a topping and not inside the cheesecake in that you can eat some of the cheesecake without the nuts and some with! They also stay more crunchy.
I’ve made this recipe using gingersnaps instead of graham cracker crumbs, which truly made this dessert delightful. Either work great.
Scott proclaimed that this eggnog cheesecake was certainly his favorite dessert! That is a win for sure! I hope it becomes your new favorite!
Eggnog Cheesecake - No Fail Recipe!
- 2 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup butter melted
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 3 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup eggnog
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tbsp bourbon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp Kosher salt
Eggnog Whipped Cream
- 1 ¼ cup heavy whipping cream very cold
- ¼ cup eggnog
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ tsp cream of tartar
- cinnamon for sprinkling
- nutmeg for sprinkling
- candied nuts for garnish (optional)
For the Crust
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Prepare a 10-inch springform pan with nonstick baking spray and by placing parchment paper in the bottom of the pan. Wrap foil around the outside of the pan. This will keep the water bath from seeping into the pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine the crust ingredients and mix well. Using the bottom of a measuring cup, press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix cream cheese, sugar, and flour and mix on low speed. Do not overmix.
- Add the eggnog, bourbon, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt and mix on low speed until combined. Add eggs, one at the time, mixing slowly and scraping the sides after each additional egg. Pour batter into prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Place pan covered in aluminum foil inside a roasting pan. Fill roasting pan with water until the water is halfway up the sides of the springform pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes and turn off the oven for about 45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove cheesecake from oven, then remove the springform pan from the roasting pan and place pan on a cooling rack. Allow the cheesecake to come to room temperature, then refrigerate for 5 hours or overnight.
For the Whipped Cream
- In a stand mixer, add heavy whipping cream, eggnog, powdered sugar, and cream of tartar and mix on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Run a knife around the cake to loosen the sides. Remove the cheesecake from the pan and pipe the whipped cream onto the cheesecake with a large star tip. Cover the entire cake.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar and nutmeg over the top of the cheesecake. Store the cheesecake in the refrigerator until it is time to serve it. Upon serving, top with Candied Pecans.