This Rustic Pear Tart is one of my go-to’s for entertaining.
It helps that I have gorgeous pear trees and blueberry bushes to pick the fruit! Growing or GRAFTING your own pear trees is crazy easy. It’s inexpensive too!
Tarts are a perfect make-ahead holiday dish.
I feel a little like Forrest Gump. I can’t help but rattle off the many reasons why you should make a Rustic Pear Tart every time you get a chance.
They make an out-of-this-world breakfast.
Perfect for brunch.
The best for desserts.
They are healthy.
Simple to make, not to mention
FAST – they only take 25 minutes from start to finish.
You don’t have to have a pie plate!
Rustic Pear Tarts are beautiful!
This recipe is super SUPER tasty.
Finally, you can freeze it.
BEFORE you get to the recipe, I hope you’ll WATCH just how easy it is to make this tart! It’s a winner every time!!
Rustic Pear Tart Recipe
- 2 pears
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour plus 1 tablespoon
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1 Basic Pie Crust or premade Pillsbury pie crust
- 2 tablespoons raw sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roll pie crust into an 11-inch circle on a lightly floured surface. Transfer to a sheet pan.
- For the filling, cut pears in wedges and place them in a bowl. Toss them with the flour, sugar and salt. Fan the pears on the dough circle leaving a 1 1⁄2-inch border.
- Sprinkle blueberries on top of pears. Fold over in sections. Use egg wash as glue as you work in sections around the dough. Spread remaining egg wash over folded dough. Dot the Crostata filling with butter.
- Sprinkle raw sugar over entire tart. Place in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with whipped cream.