The word fabulous in this title is the best adjective to describe this dish. This is truly an impressive dish to serve to family or guest.
- 1 lb. dandelions
- 2 cups orange juice, with pulp
- 3 tablespoons honey
- ½ cup raisins
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 8 fillets of bream
- ¼ cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
1. In medium-sized saute pan, slowly add dandelions. Add strained orange juice, honey, and raisins. Set aside the orange juice pulp. The dandelions will shrink fairly quickly. Simmer until reduced by half. Season with salt and pepper.
2. In a small bowl add 4 tablespoons of olive oil, vinegar, ¼ teaspoon of salt, and ¼ teaspoon of pepper. Whisk until emulsified.
3. In a small saucepan, heat the orange pulp until it releases juices. Add to vinaigrette mixture. Mix well.
4. In large sauté pan heat 4 tablespoons of olive oil over high heat. Score the skin of the fillet twice. Season fish with salt and pepper. Place skin side down in pan until crispy, about 2 to 3 minutes. Flip and cook 2 minutes more.
5. Re-heat the greens. Stir in parsley. Place ¼ of dandelion mixture on plate. Put a fillet of bream on top. Drizzle vinaigrette and oil around fish. Serve immediately with French Bread with Herb Spread.