What is much better than perfectly prepared venison loin over slightly bitter arugula with delicious simple vinaigrette dressing only to be topped off with shaved Parmesan cheese and creamy avocados? It is a meal in itself.
- 1 venison loin
- 1/4 cup good olive oil, for brushing onto loin
- kosher salt and pepper
- Easy vinaigrette (Posted)
- 8 oz. baby arugula
- 1 4 oz. chunk good Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Brush olive oil onto loin then salt and pepper the loin. Brown loin on all sides in a super hot cast iron skillet. Place loin in oven for 5 minutes. Remove and let rest.
- Make Easy Vinaigrette (Posted)
- Remove avocados from the shell and remove pits. Cut avocados into 1-inch slices.
- With a vegetable peeler, slice Parmesan cheese in long, thin pieces.
- Toss arugula in large bowl with enough dressing to moisten. Divide among 4 plates. Place venison loin, avocados, and cheese among each plate. Sprinkle with salt and serve immediately.