Does it get any better than a healthy dessert? I don’t think so, especially if that dessert is also gorgeous enough to be served at elegant events to rave reviews. This Berry Parfait definitely fits the bill. Featuring a healthy mix of granola, berries, and yogurt, it also doubles as the perfect light breakfast on mornings where you want to squeeze in a good workout. It’s the perfect quick source of “pick-me-up” energy!
- 1 cup old fashioned oatmeal
- 1/2 cup sweetened, shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup almonds sliced
- 1/4 cup pecans chopped
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 10 strawberries sliced
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 2 cups honey flavored Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, mix oatmeal, coconut, almonds, and pecans with the butter until well-incorporated. Pour onto a sheet pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove pan and turn mixture. Place granola back into oven and bake for 10 more minutes, or until golden brown. Loosen granola from the pan with a wooden spoon. Set aside and let cool.
- Slice strawberries. Divide 1/8 of the strawberries and blueberries among 4 tall glasses. Divide 1/8 of the yogurt among the glasses. Divide 1/8 of the granola among the glasses. Repeat with another layer of fruit, yogurt, and ending with granola. Drizzle honey over the granola and serve.