Black-eyed Pea, Corn, and Avocado Chutney
In this chutney the pop of the fresh sweet corn kernels pairs perfectly with the creaminess of the black-eyed peas and avocado.
- 1 cups black-eyed peas cooked and drained
- 1 medium green bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 medium Vidalia onion chopped
- 1 cup fresh corn
- 1 avocado chopped
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Pinch of granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
In a large bowl, combine black-eyed peas, bell pepper, onion, corn and avocado.
In a medium bowl, add vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper, and sugar. Continuously whisk ingredients as you drizzle in 2 Tablespoons olive oil.
Pour vinaigrette over the black-eyed pea mixture and gently stir until well combined.